Date:      Wed, 1 Nov 1995 21:09:04 -0800 (PST)
From:      -Vince- <vince@apollo.COSC.GOV>
To:        "Jeffrey D. Dean ROOT" <root@jd-unix.wpafb.af.mil>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sony CDROM scd0a ?

On Wed, 1 Nov 1995, Jeffrey D. Dean ROOT wrote:

Hi everyone,

> On Tue, 31 Oct 1995, -Vince- wrote:
>
> > 	Speaking about CD-ROMs, how does one get the SONY 76S SCSI and
> > 76E EIDE CD ROMs to work under FreeBSD and also how do you play audio CD's?
> > Thanks!
> 	If you can get the cdrom to mount, you should be able to use
> the X11 port: /usr/ports/audio/xcdplayer.

	Is there a non-X program somewhere that will do the same thing?

> I have been pulling out my hair on My problem with getting four CDROM's
> to work on one Sony CDROM card. I have sent mail to this newsgroup several
> times --yet no-one has answered me with an answer. I did however get one
> hint which got me a little closer. Recompiling the kernel with more scd
> device entries. This didn't work. Can anyone help me with this problem.

	Hmmm, I have atapi configured in the kernel and also did a
MAKEDEV wcd0 but somehow the system still doesn't see the CD-ROM..  It
seems to see it on the SCSI machine for the SCSI version of the same CD
Rom drive.  Can someone help me with the problem on the SONY 4x quad
speed EIDE drive?

Cheers,
-Vince- vince@COSC.GOV - GUS Mailing Lists Admin
UC Berkeley AstroPhysics - Electrical Engineering (Honorary B.S.)
Chabot Observatory & Science Center - Board of Advisors
Running FreeBSD - Real UN*X for Free!
Linda Wong/Vivian Chow/Hacken Lee/Danny Chan Fan Club Mailiing Lists Admin