Date:      Tue, 24 Dec 2002 13:56:31 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tony Gogoi <tgogoi@cse.Buffalo.EDU>
To:        Erez Zadok <ezk@cs.sunysb.edu>
Cc:        <freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Question on the NULLFS file-system

Dr Zadok,

I asked you some clarifications on the nullfs by personal mail in Summer
to which I didn't get any reply after i read ur paper. This problem is
actually mine.

This is not homework, but some extra work i'm doing. I asked Somil Asthana
to post for me on the bsd newsgroups he knows. what he posted was what i
asked him to post. After working the last 3 nights as my vacations have
started, I figured out that the bug lay in the iovectors which
was overlooked by misleading printf statements.......So its not
necsasry for anyone to respond but any discussion on nullfs and its
idiosyncracies would be appreciated.

tony

On Mon,
23 Dec 2002, Erez Zadok wrote:

> In message <Pine.SOL.4.30.0212231823330.24955-100000@pollux.cse.buffalo.edu>, Tony Gogoi writes:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I was referred by someone to post my question here. Will be very grateful
> > if someone would respond....
> >
> > I modified sys/miscfs/nullfs/null_vnops.c so that it now includes a
> > null_write and a null_read system call. The purpose is simple encryption.
>
> Wow, what a coincidence: two people from the same university (you and Somil
> Asthana <asthana at buffalo dot edu>) asking questions about the same topic
> on the same day on the same mailing list --- a topic you don't hear about
> this list very often.
>
> You two aren't by any chance trying to get people on this mailing list to do
> you homework, right? :-)
>
> Erez.

Tony Gogoi

Graduate Student and Teaching Assistant