Date:      Sun, 30 Apr 2000 17:48:53 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.runet.edu>
To:        kudzu@tenebras.com
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Numerous broken ports

Hi,

On Sun, 30 Apr 2000, Michael Sierchio wrote:

> Brett Taylor wrote:
>
> > How are you cvsup'ing ports (ie, what's your supfile look like)? >
> > What are you using for a ports-all tag? I run everything from 3.4
> > ports to 4.0 ports on a single 3.4 machine and never have trouble
> > with a weekly CVSup.

> Right - you just said it.  You're on a 3.4 macheen. ;-) Try this on a
> clean install from 4.0-RELEASE, cvsup to 4.0-STABLE, and see what
> happens.  The 4.x-stable-supfile available for download is the one I
> use, including:

I also have a 4.0 machine and a 3.2 machine - none of them have any
trouble that hasn't been directly attributed to the operator.

> FYVM.  I have found about 6 badly broken ports under 4.0.  In some
> cases, the solution is to build them on a 3.4 box and run in
> compatibility mode.  Less than ideal...

Have you tried "send-pr"?

Brett
Dr. Brett Taylor         brett@peloton.runet.edu    *
Dept of Chem and Physics			    *
Curie 39A	(540) 831-6147                      *
Dept. of Mathematics and Statistics		    *
Walker 234	(540) 831-5410			    *