Date:      Mon, 18 Nov 2002 19:22:49 -0400 (AST)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>
Cc:        Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>, FreeBSD Chat <freebsd-chat@freebsd.org>, Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD: Server or Desktop OS?

On Mon, 18 Nov 2002, Brad Knowles wrote:

> At 11:09 AM -0600 2002/11/18, Eric Anderson wrote:
>
> >  Me too.. I'm willing to organize it and get things going..
>
> 	We will definitely need a team leader, and I believe that we
> probably also need at least one or two core members that are willing
> to commit themselves to helping make this happen.
>
> 	Mark Murray might be a good start, since he's the guy who
> convinced me that I need to take part in this process.  ;-)
>
> >  I think one team would do it - STABLE testing most of the time,
> >  and CURRENT testing prior to a RELEASE.
>
> 	Fair enough.  However, at the moment, we're coming up soon on a
> dot-zero release, so we need people testing -CURRENT.

'K, I dont' think I could get away with -CURRENT on my machines :)  But, I
am planning on upgrading my desktop at the office to 5.0 over the next
week ... SMP machine, SCSI drives, 1Gig of RAM ...

has anyone tested netdump under 5.0?  has anyone looked at getting it
included into 5.0?  its an invaluable tool for large servers, since it
allows you to dump core to a remote server ...