Date:      Sun, 29 Aug 2004 16:28:52 +0100
From:      "Rob MacGregor" <freebsd.macgregor@blueyonder.co.uk>
To:        <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: gnomespell couldn't find installed aspell

On Sunday, August 29, 2004 3:10 PM, Volker Kindermann <> unleashed the infinite
monkeys and produced:
> checking for new_aspell_config in -laspell... no
> configure: error: gnome-spell cannot be built without aspell library

"Me too" :)

I'm seeing the same problem with gnomespell 1.0.5_3 on 5.3-BETA1.  A quick
strings on the library suggests that the required function *is* in the library.

I'm guessing the problem is this, from the config.log:

/usr/local/lib/libaspell.so: undefined reference to `libintl_bindtextdomain'
/usr/local/lib/libaspell.so: undefined reference to `dgettext'
/usr/local/lib/libaspell.so: undefined reference to
`libintl_bind_textdomain_codeset'

HTH

--
 Rob | Oh my God! They killed init! You bastards!