Date:      Tue, 26 Dec 1995 05:50:14 +0300 (MSK)
From:      =?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?= (aka Andrey A. Chernov, Black Mage) <ache@astral.msk.su>
To:        phil@zipmail.co.uk, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.tfs.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Small change to ctm-rmail !

In message <11967.819916074@critter.tfs.com> Poul-Henning Kamp writes:

>> I have made a quick hack to ctm_rmail.c as I have recently subscribed
>> to ctm-src-current and I receive my emails on a novell n/w and
>> pegasus mail for windows which of course uses CR/LF so the following
>> diff strips of the CR, it is pretty dirty but should work OK of
>> anyone else has had this problem.

>I just added code to remove all white-space, that's more general :-)

I know at least one file where whitespaces are essential:
share/timedef/data/*

Moreover, it makes hardier to produce diffs & commits when whitespaces
remover, I was hitted many times by Rod repository change.

I understand that it is less dangerous than repository change, but
in the same wrong direction.

--
Andrey A. Chernov        : And I rest so composedly,  /Now, in my bed,
ache@astral.msk.su       : That any beholder  /Might fancy me dead -