Date:      Wed, 13 Jun 2001 20:13:09 -0400
From:      FastPathNow@netscape.net
To:        luigi@info.iet.unipi.it
Cc:        jlemon@flugsvamp.com, FastPathNow@netscape.net, net@freebsd.org, bright@rush.net
Subject:   Re: SACK code patch for FreeBSD 4.3

Thanks to all who responded. Luigi, I will also have a look at the code that you posted. I did have a look at the code from the UCB Daedalus project, which was based on the BSDI 2.0 code. I am currently basing most of my code changes on that work. The changes broadly relate to the relatively new usage of FreeBSD timer-wheel callouts, and some changes due to the way some of the structs are defined and used in FreeBSD. Apart from that I think there might be a couple of small bugs in the code, but I would want to confirm that from the original authors before I commit any changes for the same. Lastly, I also would like to focus on what TCP should do on receiving its 3rd DUPACK (modified fast rexmit and recovery), in the presence of SACK. Recently a draft was posted about this ...
http://www.globecom.net/ietf/draft/draft-allman-tcp-sack-02.html . I am planning on spending some time to see, to what extent the old code conforms to/ is different from the recovery algorithm suggested in the draft above.

Please let me know if you have other ideas / suggestions

Regards
-AG

---