Date:      Wed, 19 Nov 2008 17:49:51 +1100
From:      Norberto Meijome <numardbsd@gmail.com>
To:        Beat Siegenthaler <beatsnet.com@beatsnet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Vuala for FreeBSD (means wuala)

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:04:00 +0100
Beat Siegenthaler <beatsnet.com@beatsnet.com> wrote:

> wua.la is what you search for....

indeed.

> java based, maybe in qemu or linux emulation..

it is java based ..I don't see the need to use qemu or linux emul...

1) the linux tar ball seems to  work as is for command line  (wualacmd)

2) for the gui version, it complains about not finding a specific version of swt-gtk :

$ ./wuala
Wuala Loader 2008-09-18
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no swt-gtk-3448 or swt-gtk in swt.library.path, java.library.path or the jar file
        at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Library.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Library.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.swt.internal.C.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Converter.wcsToMbcs(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Converter.wcsToMbcs(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
        at com.wuala.presentation.r.a(Z:112)
        at com.wuala.platform.Wuala.launch(Z:22)
        at com.wuala.loader2.Loader2.startInstance(Loader2.java:60)
        at com.wuala.loader2.Loader2.start(Loader2.java:44)
        at com.wuala.loader2.Loader2.main(Loader2.java:107)
Shutting down...
Had to kill thread Thread[Instance Socket,5,main]
Had to kill thread Thread[Instance Socket,5,main]
Had to kill thread Thread[Instance Socket,5,main]
Had to kill thread Thread[Instance Socket,5,main]

I added -classpath /usr/local/share/java/classes to  the java call in ./wuala to not avail... I suspect it is an easy fix for someone with more expertise on java than /me.

FWIW, the linux tarball is simply a 'downloader', which creates ~/wuala .

My brief tests were done on :

FreeBSD ayiin.octantis.com.au 7.1-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 7.1-PRERELEASE #101: Mon Nov 17 10:22:11 EST 2008     root@ayiin.octantis.com.au:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/AYIIN  i386

[...]
javavmwrapper-2.3.2 Wrapper script for various Java Virtual Machines
jdk-1.6.0.3p4_6     Java Development Kit 1.6.0
swt-devel-3.5.m1,1  Standard Widget Toolkit for Java
[..]

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform."
   Mark Twain