Date:      Tue, 15 Apr 2003 21:06:24 +0200
From:      Stijn Hoop <stijn@win.tue.nl>
To:        "Jack L. Stone" <jackstone@sage-one.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Apache and PHP

--7AUc2qLy4jB3hD7Z

On Tue, Apr 15, 2003 at 01:48:30PM -0500, Jack L. Stone wrote:
> Sure enough, the 'register_globals' set to "On" solved my nagging problem
> and php scripts all work again.

=2E.. but be sure to read all the security implications of that setting
at http://www.php.net/manual/en/security.registerglobals.php.
You're much better off writing code that uses $_GET, $_POST, $_REQUEST
and the like.

Of course, you may have legacy code that you can't update...

--Stijn

--=20
"...I like logs. They give me a warm fuzzy feeling. I've been known to keep
logs for 30 months at a time (generally when I thought I was rotating them
daily, but was actually rotating them once a month)."
	-- Michael Lucas, in Big Scary Daemons article 'Controlling Bandwidth'

--7AUc2qLy4jB3hD7Z

--7AUc2qLy4jB3hD7Z--