Date:      Wed, 9 Jul 1997 19:49:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        jfieber@indiana.edu
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: multiple distfiles

 * One case is the HTML DTDs from W3C.  Versions 0 through 2 are
 * available as a tar file, but wilbur (3.2) and cougar are only
 * available as separate file--about 4 each.  Furthermore, they are
 * available only via ftp as far as I can tell.  On the bright side,
 * I've been in contact with the powers that be and they are
 * considering offering them neatly packaged up.

Ok.  If there are only 4 or so, listing them all and having
DIST_SUBDIR set doesn't seem so bad either.

 * In another case, even if wu-ftpd was an option, grabbing the
 * directory would be like using a drag-net, catching every living
 * thing from the ocean just to get a couple small files.  :(

I see.... ;)

Satoshi