Date:      Wed, 30 Oct 2019 18:52:15 -0400
From:      Austin Shafer <ashafer@badland.io>
To:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   Best way to explore the 802.11 rtwn source code?

Hi all,

I=E2=80=99m interested in hacking around with a netgear wifi adapter I =
have (rtwn). Are there any good resources for learning how to read and =
debug FreeBSD=E2=80=99s wireless network stack?

Robert Watson has a great overview of starting points for understanding =
the kernel as a whole, are there any similar "starting points" for =
network drivers?
http://www.watson.org/~robert/freebsd/reading/

The =E2=80=9CDesign and implementation ..=E2=80=9D book covers =
networking and device driver creation which is helpful, but nothing =
about wireless. I did find a few like the following:
https://wiki.freebsd.org/MateuszPiotrowski/Drivers
https://wiki.freebsd.org/WiFi/BringUp

Any suggestions? I=E2=80=99d appreciate anything that helps me learn how =
all this stuff works.

Thanks in advance,
	Austin=