Date:      Thu, 3 Oct 1996 18:00:55 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org, hsu@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: verbose but cryptic error

> *** (quarter an hour later)
>
> Eeek.  Nope.  scsi(8) doesn't send out a block descriptor with the
> MODE SELECT command.  Hence the byte-numbering is skewed:

It purposely squishes it out since it will fail on a drive I have
here when you leave in the block descriptor that comes back with
MODE SENSE.  Maybe that behavior should be some sort of option -
in some cases you need to be able to specify a block descriptor.

--
Peter Dufault               Real-Time Machine Control and Simulation
HD Associates, Inc.         Voice: 508 433 6936