Date:      Thu, 2 Sep 2004 16:05:56 -0400
From:      Allan Fields <bsd@afields.ca>
To:        DOT <dot@data.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Can't reattach gbde slice [testing]

--AhhlLboLdkugWU4S

On Sun, Aug 22, 2004 at 02:47:45PM +0200, DOT wrote:
> God damn, it happen's again..
>=20
> Hi,
> this time my passphrase works for few days, only few days. And I didn't
> use any software that could cause this. I'm sure that it's not accident,
> probably I'm doing something wrong so please point me where it is,
> because restoring data again has no sense unless the problem is solved.

I've created a 30GB test slice configured as above and I think I can
reproduce under certain circumstances / after reboots, I will test
it out further.

> Durning installation of FreeBSD I've created 4 partitions: ad0s1 for
> Windows, ad0s2 for Freebsd, ad0s3 for my encrypted home directory and
> ad0s4 for future purposes. Didn't label ad0s3.
> Then I've initialized encrypted partition (gbde init /dev/ad0s3 -i -L
> /etc/gbde/ad0s3.lock) with one key, sector size 2048, filled with
                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^
Can you indicate your number_of_keys parameter you are
using in -i?  Anyone using anything other than default 4?

If using non-default please try to reproduce with number_of_keys
set to 4.

> Michal Bartkowiak

Thanks,
--=20
 Allan Fields, AFRSL - http://afields.ca
 2D4F 6806 D307 0889 6125  C31D F745 0D72 39B4 5541

--AhhlLboLdkugWU4S

--AhhlLboLdkugWU4S--