Date:      Thu, 30 Jul 2015 23:14:26 -0400
From:      alexmcwhirter@triadic.us
To:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Looking to help with the sparc64 port.

I'm glad to see that this list isn't completely dead, the last thing i
want to see is the sparc64 port getting pushed to tier 4. We were
originally going to create our own distribution of illumos, but we also
wanted to have support for arm and possibly power in the future which
freebsd has more or less a fairly good code base for. I think we are
going to start porting scadm and librsc from illumos to freebsd, which
should allow control of the LOM from within freebsd.

How is it determined whether a utility is included in base or ports? On
sparc platforms, i feel that this utility should be included in base, as
it is the only way to reset a lost password or directly control some
hardware features on the machine.