Date:      Mon, 4 Aug 1997 15:01:31 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Atipa <freebsd@atipa.com>
To:        Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
Cc:        "Jonathan A. Zdziarski" <jonz@netrail.net>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG, security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SetUID

On Mon, 4 Aug 1997, Marc Slemko wrote:

> You could.  If you did, however, you would be silly.
>
> The wrapper you give allows anyone who can run it to do anything they want
> as the uid it is setuid to.

If you allow the shell script to be modified, yes. Otherwise, I can not
see how they could use the wrapper to execute anything but the script
hard coded therein. Am I being naive?

Set the permissions to 750, chown root.<special group>
And make sure the shell script is non world or group writable.

What's the vulnerablility?

Kevin