Date:      Fri, 15 Jun 2012 20:30:06 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is this something we (as consumers of FreeBSD) need to be aware of?

> If you read Fedora's page they were planning to tighten their boot
> sequence to then only boot their approved binary kernels.

Save your old copies of lilo and grub. You're gonna need them if you want to
stay on Intel Mafioso hardware.

> Risk of key revocation later
> 	If hardware manufacturer ships new bios or uefi, or user
> 	upgrades to new UEFI (eg I as a user must upgrade a uefi
> 	soon as a laptop overheats).  + if MS get away with this
> 	intrusion, next they'll consider requiring a "Call Home"
> 	demon

No, this doesn't run on the OS. It runs from UEFI in the BIOS. Internet
connectivity is already part of the UEFI spec. Your box doesn't even to have
to be running. As long as it's plugged in, you're at their beck and call.

Say NO to the WinTel Mafia!