Date:      Thu, 2 Sep 2004 10:53:07 +0300
From:      Andy Fawcett <andy@athame.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        Oliver Eikemeier <eikemeier@fillmore-labs.com>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 5.3 Beta2 - OO does not compile

On Thursday 02 September 2004 10:40, Oliver Eikemeier wrote:
> Martin Blapp wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >> AFAIS Mozilla 1.0.2 does not build because of vulnerabilities. Can
> >> I link to Mozilla 1.7.2 to build OO properly? I do not understand
> >> why there is Mozilla 1.0.2 necessary to build OO.
> >
> > It's only the adressbook part which is needed. And these
> > vulnerabilities don't apply to the use in OOO. If you like to port
> > OOO to use Mozilla 1.7.2
> > just go for it.
>
> FWIIW, more vulnerabilities are listed at:
>
> <http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/known-vulnerabilities.html>;
>
> Some of the network releated ones may even affect the adressbook,
> although this is hard to verify in this context. You can always build
> your port with `make DISABLE_VULNERABILITIES [... other arguments
> ...]'.

Just to add to the fun...

I have 5.3-BETA2, built without libc_r to ensure I don't get threading
library conflicts (NOLIBC_R defined). I've made sure that the libc_r.*
files are not present on the system.

When building OOo-1.1, the first failure is in gcc32 in the gcc-java
stuff. It tries to link against libc_r, and I needed to define
WITHOUT_LIBJAVA=yes to avoid this.

Then OOo fails to build because the embedded Mozilla 1.0.2 also tries to
link against libc_r. I'm currently trying to rebuild WITHOUT_MOZILLA to
see if this helps...

I'll try to remember to send-pr all this later once I've finished the
build, consider this a minor 'heads up'

A.