Date:      Thu, 12 Jun 2003 00:05:09 +0900
From:      Alexander Nedotsukov <bland@mail.ru>
To:        Daniel Eischen <eischen@pcnet.com>
Cc:        "Matthew N. Dodd" <mdodd@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: nvidia OpenGL and lib{thr,kse} related crash

Daniel Eischen wrote:

>On Wed, 11 Jun 2003, Alexander Nedotsukov wrote:
>

>>Matthew N. Dodd wrote:
>>

>>>Check http://www.minion.de/nvidia.html.
>>>

>>Looks like this patches mostly present in ports tree. For my
>>undestanding the missed two should prevent memory access after free()
>>inside kernel and memory allocation for DMA push buffers. Anyway I'll
>>check it later evening when can get closer to my pc.
>>

>If your OpenGL applications or the libraries that they depend
>on are using any of the COMPAT4X signal syscalls, then they

The kernel driver compilled by me on -cuurent. The OpenGL library by
nvidia on 4.x for sure.
Can you say is this http://www.minion.de/files/machdep.c.diff supposed
to save %gs?

>won't work with libthr or libkse.  The COMPAT4X stuff in the
>kernel destroys %gs which libthr and libkse both rely on
>for their own use.  Are you sure that all your applications
>and libraries are rebuilt under -current?  You can try
>rebuilding your kernel without COMPAT4X and see if any

Well just give me a hint which one should be removed:

options         COMPAT_43               #Compatible with BSD 4.3 [KEEP
THIS!]
options         COMPAT_FREEBSD4         #Compatible with FreeBSD4

--
Alexander