Date:      Wed, 28 Oct 1998 23:25:20 -1000
From:      Michael Shimko <shimko@maui.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Incorrect Super Block for MAXTOR 8.4GB HD

pleas help.  I'm trying to get my new MAXTOR 8.4 GB HD  partioned and
mounted.  I ran through sysinstall with no luck.  So it tried the hard
way, with fdisk.  Still no luck.  I get different messages for different
partition schemes.  The one that I need help with should be the
simplest: using all the space for FreeBSD.   When I use sysinstall to do
the partioning, I get an Incorrect Superblock size error when I try to
mount.

some fishy details:
fdisk's geometry: c=760,h=255,s/t=63 (at beginning of my nightmare)
sysintall's geometry: c=1021,h=255,sect/trk=63 (before I changed it to
the manufacturers geom)
manufacturers geometry: c=16278,h=16,sect/trk=63

Now I got a mess of /dev/rwd1s*  that are fdisk-ed.

maybe i just need to go to sleep and think about it more, but i'm really
lost now.  What do I need to do to get this hard drive partioned and
mounted?  I would like to create one FAT partion if possible.

Thanks for you time! :)
Shimmy