Date:      Thu, 29 Jun 2000 16:01:18 +0100
From:      Konstantin Chuguev <Konstantin.Chuguev@dante.org.uk>
To:        rdmurphy@vt.edu
Cc:        FreeBSD-Mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Netgear FA410TX - ed0: device timeout?

"Russell D. Murphy Jr." wrote:

> I had ordered a FA410TX card after reading some past recommendations
> for it (and before reading the recent "you're out of luck" message).
> It seems *close* to working, but. . .  I keep getting "device timeout"
> errors.  It works fine under W95.  I've set up pccard and ed in the
> kernel as:
>
> The Link light on the dongle is on; I've set the iomem and irq
> settings in pccard.conf to match the ones used by W95.  The
> pccard.conf settings and the output of pccardc dumpcis are below.
>
> It seems close; any suggestions?
>
> The pccard.conf settings (/etc/pccard.conf) are:
>
> io 0x120-0x13f
> card "NETGEAR" "FA410TX"
>   config 0x20 "ed0" 11

I would suggest not to use irq11. irq9 is working fine for me.
You should also try setting IO ports window accordingly to the information
from configuration entry tuples from dumpcis:

> The output of pccardc dumpcis is:
>
> Tuple #7, code = 0x1b (Configuration entry), length = 7
>     000:  e0 81 18 45 30 fc be
>         Config index = 0x20(default)
>         Interface byte = 0x81 (I/O)  wait signal supported
>         Card decodes 5 address lines, limited 8/16 Bit I/O
>                 IRQ modes: Level
>                 IRQs:  2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 12 13 15
> Tuple #8, code = 0x1b (Configuration entry), length = 7
>     000:  01 08 ca 60 00 03 1f
>         Config index = 0x1
>         Card decodes 10 address lines, limited 8/16 Bit I/O
>                 I/O address # 1: block start = 0x300 block length = 0x20
> Tuple #9, code = 0x1b (Configuration entry), length = 7
>     000:  02 08 ca 60 20 03 1f
>         Config index = 0x2
>         Card decodes 10 address lines, limited 8/16 Bit I/O
>                 I/O address # 1: block start = 0x320 block length = 0x20
> Tuple #10, code = 0x1b (Configuration entry), length = 7
>     000:  03 08 ca 60 40 03 1f
>         Config index = 0x3
>         Card decodes 10 address lines, limited 8/16 Bit I/O
>                 I/O address # 1: block start = 0x340 block length = 0x20
> Tuple #11, code = 0x1b (Configuration entry), length = 7
>     000:  04 08 ca 60 80 03 1f
>         Config index = 0x4
>         Card decodes 10 address lines, limited 8/16 Bit I/O
>                 I/O address # 1: block start = 0x380 block length = 0x20

io 0x300-0x37f
config 0x[1-3] "ed0" 9

or

io 0x380-0x39f
config 0x4 "ed0" 9

--
          * *        Konstantin Chuguev - Application Engineer
       *      *              Francis House, 112 Hills Road