Date:      Sat, 5 Jan 2002 10:26:22 -0500
From:      Randall Hopper <aa8vb@nc.rr.com>
To:        Bjarne Wichmann Petersen <freebsd.nospam@mekanix.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: OpenGL

Bjarne Wichmann Petersen:
 |On Saturday 05 January 2002 01:39, Randall Hopper wrote:
 |
 |> It switches video modes, so I think that explains the latter.  But back to
 |> why you get 9-11 and I get 70-80.
 |
 |What do you mean bye "it switches video modes"? In .tuxracer/options you can
 |set in what resolution you'd like to run tuxracer in. And I've run it at
 |"every" mode between 640x480 to 1600x1200 (16 bit), and it does run at those
 |modes.

Sorry, my fault.  I hadn't noticed that tuxracer lets you configure the
video mode it switches to.  I thought you were talking about the mode you
were starting tuxracer from.

 |>      drmOpenByBusid: busid is PCI:1:5:0
 |>      drmOpenDevice: minor is 0
 |>      drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
 |Hmm... I'm only getting:
 |
 |libGL: XF86DRIGetClientDriverName: 1.0.0 mga
 |libGL: trying /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/mga_dri.so
 |libGL: trying /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/mga_dri.so
 |
 |Not a word about drm. But according to /var/log/XFree86.0.log drm is loaded
 |and running. And dmesg too reports drm-activation:
 |
 |info: [drm] AGP at 0xd0000000 64MB
 |info: [drm] Initialized mga 3.0.2 20010321 on minor 0
 |
 |So does this mean tuxracer isn't utilizing drm?

It's possible (I'm assuming $LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose was set).  Those drm debug
strings come from the XFree86 Matrox DRI module
(/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/mga_dri.so).  However, we're running different
XFree86 snapshots, and you're running the drm-kmod kernel modules on top
(I'm running the stock XFree86 CVS DRM kernel module), so that may
influence this somehow.

I have a few things you might check which I'll put in the next reply.

Randall

--
Randall Hopper
aa8vb@nc.rr.com