Date:      Tue, 21 Feb 2012 14:24:39 +1300
From:      Phil Murray <pmurray@nevada.net.nz>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie@le-hen.org>
Subject:   Re: "File too large" error when appending to a file of 130 MB

On 20/02/2012, at 10:36 AM, Jeremie Le Hen wrote:

> Hi list,
>=20
> Can you please Cc: me when replying as I'm not subscribed, thanks.
>=20
> I have a problem with procmail which gets a "File too large" error =
when
> it tries to write at the end of some mailbox file.
>=20
>=20

Is procmail running from Postfix (or some other MTA)? I've hit this =
problem where Postfix has set a filesize ulimit, which all the scripts =
spawned from Postfix will inherit.=20

In my case, I had a script that was hitting the filesize limit trying to =
log it's results to a logfile that doesn't get rotated. I imagine the =
same thing could happen with procmail, if postfix was calling it.

Cheers

Phil