Date:      Tue, 16 Mar 1999 17:11:07 +1300
From:      Andrew McNaughton <andrew@squiz.co.nz>
To:        Spidey <beaupran@jsp.umontreal.ca>
Cc:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@iafrica.com>, Michael Richards <026809r@dragon.acadiau.ca>, Fernando Schapachnik <fpscha@ns1.sminter.com.ar>, Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>, dscheidt@enteract.com, unicorn@blackhats.org, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Partition Sites [was Re: ACLs]

> It was a joke, and I'll never carry on such a job... I'd rather attack to
> monstrous task of resizing existing filesystems!!! Thing which I would
> obviously not be able to accomplish... :)

I've a pretty limited  understanding of the workings of the FreeBSD file system.  From that perspective it seems as though the problem mightn't be complex, but the debugging of any work on it would be very painful.  Probably I'm wrong and it is  complex.

I'm curious enough to be interested in improving my understanding of how the filesystem works.  Is there any documentation of the layout  of the file system available online, or would I have to delve into the source to get  more information.

Andrew McNaughton

... memories of repairing Apple II floppy file systems by hand using low level disk editing utilities typed in from magazines ...