Date:      Thu, 14 May 1998 14:14:08 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Kevin M. Dulzo" <kdulzo@caffeine.internal.enteract.com>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bandwidth limiter available

On Thu, 14 May 1998, Luigi Rizzo wrote:

[snip]

> 	# first virtual server...
> 	ipfw pipe 1 config bw 256Kbit/s
> 	ipfw add pipe 1 ip from my-alias-1 port 80 to any
> 	# second virtual server...
> 	ipfw pipe 2 config bw 128Kbit/s
> 	ipfw add pipe 2 ip from my-alias-2 port 80 to any
> 	# third virtual server...
> 	ipfw pipe 3 config bw 64Kbit/s
> 	ipfw add pipe 3 ip from my-alias-3 port 80 to any
> 	# make ICMP packets very slow...
> 	ipfw pipe 4 config bw 16Kbit/s delay 200ms
> 	ipfw add pipe 3 icmp from any to any

	Are these limits hi-caps per instant on bandwidth?  Is it possible
to configure a limit over a time period or modify this to do so?

	-Kevin

.-._.-.
To see a thing uncolored by one's own personal preferences and desires is
to see it in its own pristine simplicity.
._.-._.
+==--
|     Kevin M. Dulzo			      Check us out!	 |
|  System Administrator			 http://www.enteract.com |
|    Enteract, L.L.C.			mailto: info@enteract.com|
|  kdulzo@enteract.com			      (773)248-8511	 |
							     --==+