Date:      Thu, 7 Dec 1995 07:45:37 -0500
From:      jspath@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us (Webmaster Jim)
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>, Gene W Homicki <gwh@spiders.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mush? (Mail Users SHell)

On Dec 6,  9:00pm, Chuck Robey wrote:
} On Mon, 4 Dec 1995, Gene W Homicki wrote:
} > 	Does anyone know of a port (or a version that will compile) of
} > mush (Mail Users SHell) to FreeBSD?  Just thought I'd ask here before
} Not that I _ever_ use mail myself you understand ... OK, you have my
} interest, what's a Mail User's Shell?

The Mail Users SHell is code that has been posted to USENET many moons
ago as a replacement for standard UNIX mail.   There is a command line
mode, a fullscreen mode, and a Sun-Windows mode.  I run it on a variety
of UNIX platforms because it is full-featured, yet obscure.

I've built it under FreeBSD 2.0.5, the only problem being that mail
flagged for deletion doesn't go away.  If anyone can help on this, let
me know.

There is also a USENET group called comp.mail.mush, but the traffic
level is nil.  Over the last few months, some patches were posted there
to the last official version.  I'm running the 2nd latest on this Sun
box.
--
I don't speak (or work) for the Baltimore County Public Library.
They keep telling me, "Shhhhh!"