Date:      Sun, 05 Sep 2004 09:14:22 -0400
From:      Tom Parquette <BCSFD204@twcny.rr.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Support for the new multi-layer DVD burners?

I'm currently running 5-CURRENT but I'm heading for 5-STABLE.

I've noticed the new DVD burners that support "multi-layer" (at least
that is what today's Best Buy ad calls them) DVDs.

Since it doubles the capacity, and my first application would be to back
machines up, I've been watching the mailing lists since I first became
aware of them.

I'm leaning towards a USB or Firewire connected external unit (again to
move the device from machine to machine for backup) but I have not seen
anything on FreeBSD support for the devices.  I searched the mailing
list archives but could not find anything.

Can someone clue me in on these devices and FreeBSD support for both
internal and external drives?

TIA...