Date:      Tue, 26 Aug 1997 21:51:22 +0200 (CEST)
From:      root@deadline.snafu.de (Andreas S. Wetzel)
To:        iang@digs.iafrica.com (Ian Freislich)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: lockmgr panic on reboot?

Hi!
---

Ian Freislich writes:

] > I just updated my 486 machine with a recent -current kernel as of
] > 08/15/97 and discover a panic on reboot stating that a process is not
] > exclusive holder of a lock. Same thing happens with -current kernel as
] > of today.
]
] You may have noticed that the PID the panic was complaining about
] was in fact the shutdown or reboot pid.

Not really, since when it reboots I did not have the chance to look what
pid 397 was :-)

] It seems to have gone away
] with today's kernel though. That means that in the two reboots
] (because my PC travels a lot) today, I didn't get that panic.

Mhh.. I today tried running some older kernels on that same machine going
back until 05/97 (but for another reason), but the panic on reboot was
persistent. Does that mean that the reboot or shutdown utility I have
installed now is wrecked, or is that in fact a problem with kernels
(Or both, since my SMP machine uses the same reboot and shutdown binaries
as the other one [make reinstall]).

Regards, Mickey

--
          (__)