Date:      Sun, 21 Apr 2002 02:00:49 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        "Patrick O. Fish" <patrick@pwhsnet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sendmail virus scanning

Amavis works very well with FreeBSD under sendmail and postfix.  A mostly
easy way to install it is from the ports.  However, the milter version
works very well. Install the port version first (as it will take care of
all the dependencies) and then install the milter version and use it
instead.  The cvs snapshot from www.amavis.org on Feb20th works very =
well.

---Mike

On Sat, 20 Apr 2002 14:53:40 -0700, in sentex.lists.freebsd.isp you =
wrote:

>I'm looking for a sendmail addon to scan each e-mail (at least incoming,=
 but
>incoming and outgoing preferred) for virii's.  I've heard that they =
don't
>work well on FreeBSD? any ideas welcome.

>with "unsubscribe freebsd-isp" in the body of the message

Mike Tancsa  (mdtancsa@sentex.net)	=09
Sentex Communications Corp,   	=09
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
"Given enough time, 100 monkeys on 100 routers=20
could setup a national IP network." (KDW2)