Date:      Thu, 10 Oct 2002 13:56:04 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Daniel Flickinger <attila@hun.org>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>, FreeBSD-CURRENT <current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 3+ days: syntax error in makedevs.c (sysinstall)

--C7zPtVaVf+AK4Oqc

On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 08:19:20PM +0000, Daniel Flickinger wrote:

>     make $TFLG $TDEF installincludes >${CDATE}.installincludes.${RDATE} 2=
>&1 &&\
>       make $TFLG $TDEF $TOUT buildworld >${CDATE}.buildworld.${RDATE} 2>&=
1 &
>=20
>   which "should" take care of that ... Note that I also
>   update all includes.

The 'installincludes' thing appears to be unnecessary and can possibly
cause problems.

>   going for it manually:
>=20
>       cd usr.sbin/sysinstall
>       make clean
>       make depend
>       make all

This isn't enough..you have to 'make cleandir' (not 'make clean')
twice to remove all cruft from the obj and build dir (the first time
removes the obj dir completely, the second time picks up any remaining
cruft in the build directory itself.  Stale generated files in your
build directory can certainly cause buildworld failures.

Kris

--C7zPtVaVf+AK4Oqc

--C7zPtVaVf+AK4Oqc--