Date:      Sun, 30 Oct 2022 14:54:54 +0100
From:      Ralf Mardorf <ralf-mardorf@riseup.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OT: GNOME discussions

On Sun, 2022-10-30 at 12:00 +0000, Graham Perrin wrote:
> On 30/10/2022 09:41, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>=20
>  > Re: Gimp 2.10 crashes on text
>=20
> > =F0=A1=80=A6=E2=80=A6 Vogons =E2=80=A6 Alpha Centauri =E2=80=A6 nobody =
=E2=80=A6
> Via=20
> <https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-announce-list/2022-October/msg0000=
5.html>:=20

    From: Andrea Veri <av gnome org>
    To: Andrea Veri <av gnome org>
             of Oct 2022
    Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2022 13:09:31 +0200

> * <https://discourse.gnome.org/>;

I mentioned this on Sun, 2022-10-30 at 10:41 +0100:
"It was announce by the GNOME foundation 11 days before the lists shut
down"

20 Oct + 11 days =3D 31 Oct

It was announced somewhere else way earlier. I'm too lazy to search for
Andrea's comment on the Evolution mailing list. It was claimed that it
was announced somewhere else and the GNOME foundation does expect that
we care about what they announce somewhere else. It was probably not in=20
Alpha Centauri, more likely on a GNOME announcement list.

Discourse in the way it's set up by the GNOME foundation is a PITA. If
you want to use the GNOME Discourse mailing list feature you actually
need to disable it, but then you still can't post a request, first you
need to use the gamification forum to reach the level to open a new
thread. Btw. all mails going through the GNOME discourse mailing list
are multipart mails. For the plain text part of those mails multiple
spaces become a single space, like it's done by HTML formatted messages.
Threading of the emails is broken, due to inappropriate email headers
etc. pp.

While this is OT related to the Gimp problem, gtk4 is related. It's not
an issue now, but will become an issue in the near future.

Regards,
Ralf