Date:      Fri, 14 Nov 1997 14:25:51 -0500 (EST)
From:      Greg Pavelcak <gpavelcak@philos.umass.edu>
To:        "Laszlo G. Vagner" <kf7nn@airmail.net.nospam>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: staroffice

On 14-Nov-97 Laszlo G. Vagner wrote:
>I did a make, make install for staroffice and it downloaded 2 large
>files 7 meg and 15 meg
>and it installed but when i try and run it i get an install screen and
>it says its installed.
>
>when i try to run simage3 or any staroffice apps i get a message
>saying
>could not find /root/.sd.sh
>and it exits.
>
>if i try and run setup i get " this version of unix is not supported"
>
>so i copied sd.sh that i found lurking in the staroffice directory
>into
>my root dir and renamed it
>.sd.sh like it was looking for but now it says unexpected end of line
>or
>something like that.
>
>i have rebuilt my kernel with linux emulation, zip drive, and sound
>card
>support, and can run linux doom
>so i am clueless as to what the problem is.
>
>have you got any suggestions?
>
>kf7nn@airmail.net

If you look at sd.sh, you will see the first several lines look like
they set some variable directory names. I couldn't get this to work
right, so I just used brute force. I deleted all the lines that looked
like programming and wrote in the names of the directories where the
relevant items are located and voila, worked for me.

Good luck.

Greg
---
Greg Pavelcak <gpavelcak@philos.umass.edu>
"Tonight we'll try to take over the world." -The Brain
"Narf, poit" --Pinky
Pascal Users:
        To show respect for the 313th anniversary (tomorrow) of the
death of Blaise Pascal, your programs will be run at half speed.