Date:      Fri, 1 May 1998 00:25:19 -0400
From:      Mark Gazda <mark@realdyn.mail.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Need help with routing.

Hello,

I have a problem, and here is my situation:

2 DNS machines, and 1 mail server on a class c which will not be
available to me shortly.

A new class c to which I will be moving the machines.

Some dialup users who connect via ppp, and have DNS configured for the
two old IPs and Mail SMTP/POP servers configured as the old Mail server
IP.

Is there a way to setup some sort of a static route, where I can assign
the old IPs as aliases to these machines on the new class c, and still
have the dial up users be able to get DNS and Mail services using the
old IPS when they connect and receive one of the new ips.

I hope this is clear enough, and thank you for your help in advance.

Mark

ps.  I am able to setup as static route on my router that seem to allow
me to telnet into a machine with one of the old ips as an alias, but DNS
does not seem to work if I try to get a response using this method.