Date:      Mon, 17 Mar 1997 11:56:53 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tom Samplonius <tom@sdf.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   ahc problem with 2.2

  A "find" triggered the following on a 2.2-GAMMA system with a 3940UW:

ahc1:A:8: Warning - unknown message received from target (0x12). Rejecting
ahc_intr: seqint, intstat == 0xc1, scsisigi == 0xf6

  The kernel locked, and kept spewing this message to the console.  I
presume that the driver is stuck in a tight loop.

  I assume the message originated from id 8, on bus A, but I don't have a
device at that id!

  I'm using tagged commands, and scb paging.

Tom