Date:      Thu, 21 Nov 2002 12:03:19 +0100
From:      Martin Moeller <mm@bsdsi.com>
To:        Visotheary Riviere-Ung <vriviere@snv.jussieu.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dual-Boot Windows 2000 and FreeBSD 4.6

--yrj/dFKFPuw6o+aM

* Visotheary Riviere-Ung <vriviere@snv.jussieu.fr> [21.11.02 11:00]:
> I have only one hard disk and I want to make a dual-boot Windows 2K and=
=20
> FreeBSD. How can I do it?
> My first attempt had erased W2K. Is there a fix for this?

Salut, Visotheary!

Have you  re-partitioned your  harddrive before installing  FreeBSD or
just installed BSD *over* and *into* your Windows partition? While you
install FreeBSD, the  sysinstall program lets you choose  to install a
boot manager.

Please refer to the FreeBSD handbook for more details:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install.html

--=20
Martin M=F6ller <mm at bsdsi.com>   http://bsdsi.homeunix.com/
GPG Key ID: 0x3C979285                        ICQ # 82221572
I do not accept unsolicited commercial mail. Do not spam me!

--yrj/dFKFPuw6o+aM

--yrj/dFKFPuw6o+aM--