Date:      Wed, 13 Mar 2002 14:27:52 -0300
From:      Fernan Aguero <fernan@iib.unsam.edu.ar>
To:        FreeBSD Ports <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        des@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   split opera into 2?

Hi Des and everyone @ ports,

I just noticed that the opera port changed. Now it installs Opera 6.0
B1, instead of Opera 5.

This is both good and bad. Good, because I had some issues with 5.
Bad, because however, I find that 6.0 B1 has some other issues that I
don't like. Now how do i go back to 5? The new port has replaced my
old binary, and the only way to get it back is installing it by hand
(not such a bad thing, OK). BUT,

isn't it a good idea to split the port for Opera into several ports as
it happens with netscape and many other ports?

Having /usr/ports/www/linux-opera5 and /usr/ports/www/linux-opera6
would be the solution. If you don't like 6 you can always go back to
5!

What do you think?

Fernan