Date:      Wed, 1 Aug 2001 23:38:30 +0930 (CST)
From:      "Paul A. Hoadley" <paulh@logicsquad.net>
To:        ex279@hotmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MRTG Compile Error

> I've downloaded all the files needed for MRTG (gd.tar.gz,
> libpng.tar.gz,  zlib.tar.gz, and mrtg.tar.gz).  I make the ZLIB and the
> LIBPNG, but when I  go to make the gd, I get a file not found error 1.
> It's some jpg file.   Since I get the error, I cannot make mrtg.  Has
> anyone ran into this  problem?  I've redownloaded all the files again
> from different sites, and it  does the same thing.

Without the error messages, it's difficult to know exactly what problem
you've run into, but mrtg-2.9.11 needs a fairly recent version of gd to
compile -- I've used gd-1.8.4_1.  Unless this dependency is in MRTG's
Makefile for the particular tarball you've downloaded, though, you may be
describing some other problem, since you've made it clear you're not using
the ports.

> Please don't tell me to install it from ports!  I downloaded the 4.3
> ISO and  MRTG not included on the CD.

You _really_ should install it from the ports.  Someone else's reply
describes how to do this, including how to update them first with cvsup.
If you update ports/net and ports/graphics, MRTG will install without a
hitch.

--
Paul.

mailto:paulh@logicsquad.net