Date:      Tue, 23 Nov 2004 12:32:36 +0300
From:      martes wigglesworth <martes.wigglesworth@us.army.mil>
To:        ipfw-mailings <freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org>

Greetings list.

I have implimented some of the suggestions from previous posts, with
some other things that I have found online.  I have noticed that when I
used the 256Kbit/s bw as follows, I get dropped packets, in my drp
section of pipe show.  Is this normal?  I noticed that without the
designation of queue size, I get no dropped packets.

Example:

pipe 1 config bw "" queue 10KB
queue 1 config pipe 1 mask dst-ip 0xffffffff queue 9KB

As I asked, above,"Is this functionality common, within the parameters
of the queue/pipe/bw combination, that I have?

--
Respectfully,

M.G.W.

System:
Asus M6N
Intel Dothan 1.7
512MB RAM
40GB HD
10/100/1000 NIC
Wireless b/g (not working yet)
BSD-5.2.1
GCC-3.3.5/3.3.3(until I replace indigenous gcc)
IFORT-for linux(Intell Fortran)
gfortran
python-2.3
Perl-5.6.1/5.8.5