Date:      Sat, 8 Sep 2012 18:00:13 GMT
From:      Alexander Motin <mav@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-amd64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: amd64/171355: FreeBSD 9.1rc1 (and 10-HEAD) not booting on HP Pavilion g6 2147sl

The following reply was made to PR amd64/171355; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Alexander Motin <mav@FreeBSD.org>
To: Stefano Marinelli <stefano@dragas.it>
Cc: attilio@freebsd.org, bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: amd64/171355: FreeBSD 9.1rc1 (and 10-HEAD) not booting on HP
 Pavilion g6 2147sl
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2012 20:49:54 +0300

 On 08.09.2012 20:37, Stefano Marinelli wrote:
 >> We should somehow try to find out what happened with disk on first AHCI channel. Unluckily it is impossible to specify single bus for debugging during boot time. So unless your camera can do high-speed series of shots to grab previous screens all we can do is to reduce log details to make them fit the screen. Please try to set kern.cam.dflags separately to 0x40, 0x08 and 0x01, and send me the outputs.
 >
 > Thank you for your help.
 > Here's the pics:
 >
 > 0x40: http://www.dragas.org/~draga/IMG_20120908_192301.jpg
 > 0x08: http://www.dragas.org/~draga/IMG_20120908_192429.jpg
 > 0x01: http://www.dragas.org/~draga/IMG_20120908_192550.jpg

 Thanks. As I see here, disk probe stopped just on soft-reset stage. I
 still see no problem there, except that soft-reset didn't complete.

 Looking on messages, I think you have no verbose kernel messages
 enabled. Could you enable them (boot_verbose="YES") and repeat?

 --
 Alexander Motin