Date:      Sun, 18 Jul 2004 12:46:16 -0400
From:      Tim Schutt <tschutt@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: postfix, smtp-auth, Cyrus SASL for relay restriction troubles.

Hey Remko,

Good catch! You were right that postfix didn't have access to the
database. But this is still bizarre.... now when I do the login, it
doesn't report that it can't access the database, but states that
there are no users in the database.

Jul 18 12:40:55 www postfix/smtpd[21129]: warning: SASL authentication
failure: no user in db
Jul 18 12:40:55 www postfix/smtpd[21129]: warning: SASL authentication
failure: Password verification failed

 I am able to do a sasldblistusers2 and see all the entries in the
file, so I know that they are there, and I believe that postfix is
hitting the correct file because the error changed as soon as I
changed the database's group to the same as postfix and gave it read
access.

*sigh*,,, I feel like I am so close, but just can't find the correct
switch to throw. Thanks so much for  your help with this!!

Tim, the hopelessly new. :-)