Date:      Fri, 15 Aug 1997 23:10:33 -0800
From:      "Michael A. Endsley" <me@corecom.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Lost slices (Win95)

I have a 1.6 gig WD harddisk that has (had) Win3.1 and BSD 2.2.1-R.
They were both about 800 megs. Without thinking, I upgraded the Win 3.1 to
Win95.  I also use BootManager from OS/2. When I re-booted for FBSD, it
booted ok, then dropped me to a shell after doing the probes. It said to
run FSCK manually. I found that I had lost all my different slices
(usr/var/swap).
I looked at the Fixit disk, but not knowing that much about commands,
didn't know what to do. I did try the mount command, but nothing happened.
Since then, I have read about installing 95 BEFORE installing FBSD.

Can I get FBSD running again, or have I lost everything??
The worst is that I lose all my "helps" from this list.
I have the 2.2.1-R CD and have most of it on my C drive (Win95), so I could
re-install it ok, but hate losing all those files.
Thanks,
Mike

me@corecom.net