Date:      Mon, 5 Jan 1998 09:59:37 -0600 (CST)
From:      Johnathan Raymond Sconiers II <jrs@Mcs.Net>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG, jhupp@gensys.com, jbutt@mwci.net, Lyle Evans <evansl@vt.edu>
Subject:   Re: [fbsd-isp] Designing for a very large isp

Thankyou for your help and suggestions.  I just really have one more last
topic i would like to discuss further.  I read all the comments about NFS
and based on comments i want to know of any practical alternatives.  If i
use common  machines (as suggested) for mail, web and ftp --(ie)

**NT**  **ftp**  **smtp**  **cluster**
        **WWW**  **POP3**  **DNS1*****
                 **DNS2**

I was under the impression that the only way to share the files local to
the users (*their directories with their mail, uploaded files, html etc*)
was to use nfs  and mount the directories accrosss each machine allowing
accesss to the same information.  If i wanted the desired effect but
didn't want to use NFS is ccd an option if i expect to grow extremely
quickly??  What other options have i not looked at for sharing user
directories??  Thankyou for your help.

JOHN
*       M C S   N E T    	*
* Johnathan Raymond Sconiers II	*