Date:      Thu, 31 Jan 2002 17:28:45 +1100
From:      Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   a name-tags in http://www.freebsd.org/ports/

Greetings,

A couple of people whose software I'm maintaining have a link on
their website towards where the port can be found. For example,
for ipv6calc that is http://www.freebsd.org/ports/net.html#ipv6calc-0.34.
Note the #ipv6calc-0.34.

So if this guy releases a new version and I have made updated the
port for it, he has to update his page. That's not so handy.

When you look at the net.html you see links, via cgi-scripts, to
the long description and the sources. Can't there come an additional
cgi-script which lists all this information on one page? A little
bit like the netbsd package page:
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc/net/ipv6calc/README.html

I know you can look at
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/branches/-current/ports/net/ipv6calc
but I would prefer a nice page like the NetBSD project.

Edwin, just trying to make life better!

--
Edwin Groothuis   |              Personal website: http://www.MavEtJu.org
edwin@mavetju.org |           Interested in MUDs? Visit Fatal Dimensions: