Date:      Wed, 5 Sep 2001 12:56:29 +0200
From:      Cliff Sarginson <cliff@raggedclown.net>
To:        Bas Willems <next@euronet.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: better free then to become a slave..

On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 12:22:34PM +0200, Bas Willems wrote:

> Dear Sirs, Madams,
>

> I am a FreeBSD user of the first hour...
> I like FreeBSD and use it on my servers at home and on my work.
>
> But since Linux became a bigger player i get the feeling that FreeBSD
> developers and its community are becoming more dirtier and unreliable
> every day.

Name names..name issues...

> The issue's about FreeBSD is better then LInux or Microsoft to bring out its
> C# to FreeBSD etc.etc. make me worry a lot.
> As intrests in FreeBSD tent to grow so is the FreeBSD developers and
> community hunger to power and money.

Oh yes, they want to take over the world...I expect they are all
rich and have tea with Billy on a regular basis..

> Is FreeBSD becoming a redmond slave?
> Is FreeBSD so arrogant that its loosing its grip on its users?

In a very real sense FreeBSD IS it's users...

> I would like to annouce to you that i will drop FreeBSD (i alway bought the
> software to support development) and will switch to Linux and OpenBSD.
>
> Rather be Free then to be a become a redmond slave...
>
> Bas

Bas .. you made my day.
I have read some rubbish in my life but this takes the biscuit...(koekje).
I suggest this is posted on the web site...with a health warning...

"FreeBSD can cause irrational behaviour" ??

Cliff