Date:      Sat, 30 Sep 2006 09:52:34 -0400
From:      stan <stanb@panix.com>
To:        Free BSD Questions list <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   /etc/exports question

I'm trying to allow al machines in a 1/2 class C subnet to mount
a given NFS mount point. I've put the following line in /etc/exports:

/data       maproot=root -network aaa.bbb.ccc.128 -mask 255.255.255.128

The NFS server is actually on network aaa.bbb.eee.0 netmask 255.244.255.128
But I get permission denied when I try to mount this filesystem
from a machine on the aaa.bbb.ccc.128 netwokr. If I change the
line in /etc/exports to:

/data       maproot=root hostname.example.com

I can mount this filesystem. Is there an issue with the server
not being directly on the target network?

(Dennis Ritchie)