Date:      Thu, 7 Jun 2012 12:36:41 -0700
From:      Stanislav Sedov <stas@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Mel Flynn <rflynn@acsalaska.net>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, Steve Wills <swills@freebsd.org>, ruby@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ruby 1.9 as default

On Thu, 07 Jun 2012 20:58:43 +0200
Mel Flynn <rflynn@acsalaska.net> mentioned:

> Given issues described with swig 1.x earlier on this list, you may want
> to investigate if swig 1.x should be removed/patched/whatever before
> this sweep.

Swig 1.x actually works fine with ruby 1.9, I'm using it quite regularly.
SWIG just generate the C source, it does not provide you with include
path.  It is a responsibility of the application to find out what the
correct path are.

You can look at my m4 macro as an example of how to do it properly:
https://github.com/stass/autoconf-macros/blob/master/ax_ruby_ext.m4

--
Stanislav Sedov
ST4096-RIPE