Date:      Sun, 6 Jul 1997 23:32:17 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Wes Peters <softweyr@xmission.com>
To:        mark abrenio <mabrenio@usa.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   canon.

mark abrenio writes:
 > does anyone know if it possible to run a canon bubblejet printer on
 > freebsd?
 >
 > if so what software is required?

Sure -- FreeBSD will drive just about any printer you can wire up to
your box.  If all you want is simple text, the lpr spooling system that
comes with FreeBSD will do the job just fine.

If you want to be able to print PostScript(tm), you will need to install
ghostscript (gs) and apsfilter.  Gs is available in both ports and
packages, I think, and apsfilter is available in ports.  apsfilter will
make configuring your printer to print text, postscript, graphics, etc
much easier, I *highly* recommend it.