Date:      Tue, 16 Dec 1997 18:46:12 -0800
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        rob@ControlQ.com, softweyr@xmission.com
Cc:        freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Freeloading FreeBSD for Free -- NOT!

Ummm. As a former Sun employee (and currently a contractor), let me
throw in some possibly helpful perspective. Sun, like any other quite
large company, is actually *many* companies- and not all of them have
the same goals.

SMCC makes sparc h/w, and for some of the folks there, the OS you use
is irrelevant as long as you buy the h/w (run a full multitasking
FORTH montitor, NT, SunOS, NetBSD, whatever....)..

SunSoft sells the Operating System (choir, please). I had an old buddy
and fellow DDI group member tell me a month ago that "Solaris will now
become the De Facto Unix Standard". For those of you who've been with
Unix long enough to remember, the only response to that is:

	eh?

So, keep in mind *which* Sun you're talking about when you make statements
about "Sun".

-matt jacob