Date:      Wed, 07 Mar 2001 15:02:31 +0000
From:      Yoriaki FUJIMORI <fujimori@grafin.fujimori.cache.waseda.ac.jp>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sym driver, instable(?)

Folks,
I have been testing several scsi (u2w) cards on up1100.
Cards are tekram 390F/u2b, noname 4306LVD, iti3400 (uw) etc.
They are all driven by a sym driver.
In the meantime, often I see a kernel warning:
Warning: received processor correctable error.
This occurs when I run compilers.

At first, I igonored this, but later I noticed this may lead to
	scsi bus reset ... blahblah ...
or even a system freeze, if I invoke heavy disk access, like
% make clean
in /usr/ports.

I checked the overheat problem of scsi chips, but it was not the case.
These cards work just fine on pc164lx- and alphapc164-based boxes.
So, I guess sym driver may have some timing problem or others on
PC100-based up1100.
# I have not yet tested Adaptec.

Best wishes,
Yoriaki Fujimori