Date:      Tue, 24 Jun 1997 15:31:57 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Brian N. Handy" <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <FreeBSD-Ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: tcl

>I know that tcl is part of the main system now.  I wish either tk was too,
>or else that neither tcl nor tk were.  I don't really care which.

>Am I alone in this?  If so, I won't bring it up again.

I think I side with Chuck on this.  If I remember right, the reasoning was
supposed to be all these great sysadmin tools that were going to be
forthcoming?  Hrmmph.  I think that's great, but having Tcl wedged into
the source tree does take away a piece of the flexibility folks have with
regard to which version they choose to follow.

Regards,

Brian