Date:      Thu, 1 Apr 1999 16:57:05 -0500
From:      Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
To:        "'Keith Anderson <keith@apcs.com.au>'" <keith56@apcs.com.au>, Dmitry Poltavtcev <dp@te.net.ua>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: samba 2.0.x & FreeBSD 3.1 problem

Actually, I have had absolutely no problems with samba 2.0.3.  As a matter
of fact I find it to be more stable.

Some more information would be useful though.
 - When does this error happen?
 - Does it happen from the same machine that samba is running on or a
different machine?  Is the machine you are connecting TO running the same
version of samba or is it NT, 95, 98, etc...?
 - What share are you connecting to?  Can you connect to different shares?
Does the following command work : "smbclient -L machine"
 - Try shutting down samba and deleting the /tmp/wins.dat and
/tmp/browse.dat files.

You may also want to browse the archives at www.samba.org/

-Chris